"I was able to attest to the security and firmness he has in defending their clients’ positions simultaneously to the cordiality and elegance in their dealings with their counterparts during all negotiations"
Fernando Gentil Monteiro is a partner at GVBG Advogados and his practice is focused on corporate matters, with emphasis in Mergers and Acquisitions, corporate governance, capital markets, investment fund structure and other daily corporate issues.
Before founding GVBG Advogados, Fernando was a partner of a renowned Brazilian firm, and worked in the United States as an associate of Skadden, Arps, Slate Meagher & Flom, LLP (New York, USA) between 2012 and 2013. In Brazil, Fernando also worked for more than 9 years at Machado Meyer, Sendacz e Opice Advogados.
Fernando holds a Master of Corporate Law degree from Universidade de São Paulo – USP; Master degree from Columbia Law School (New York, USA – LL.M. 2012), where he is a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; expert degree in Tax Law by Universidade de São Paulo – USP (2010); law degree by Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie (2008).
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP) – Master of Corporate Law
- Columbia Law School – Master of Laws (LL.M) Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP) – Specialist in Tax Law
- Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie – Bachelor in Laws (LL.B)
- New York Bar
- Instituto Brasileiro de Governança Corporativa – IBGC